What is IA?
Illustrators Australia is a not-for-profit peer support network for hundreds of professional and emerging illustrators across the country, including many of Australia’s best known and most loved.
We're not an illustration agency that chases work on individual members' behalf. To find an illustrator for a project search our talented members here.
IA’s mission is to advocate, educate and build business for illustrators.
Our committee, volunteers and members:
- Promote each others' achievements via Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, our online portfolios and monthly newsletter
- Exhibit work in fun, well supported group shows
- Publicise our best client work in our bi-annual book and Awards featuring a judging panel of local and international luminaries.
- Share our expertise and advice via IA's members-only Facebook page, website and seminars
- Save money with 10% discounts from super-useful industry partners
- Promote illustration as a medium to clients and other industry contacts
IA is proudly the ONLY peer support group representing the entire industry: from publishing to advertising, surface pattern design, animation... you name it.
It’s an amazing pool of talent. Dive in and make a splash!
Who runs IA?
IA is run by and for members across Australia who volunteer their time for our committee, events and projects.
- President: Andrew MacIntosh
- Vice President: Jorge Tarzia
- Secretary: Lynore Avery
- Treasurer: Jorge Tarzia
- Additional Committee Members: Wendy Dixon-Whiley, Katie Roberts & Chris Murray
- Let's Draw monthly Members events: Katie Roberts
- Let's Chat occassional Members meetups: Andrew MacIntosh
- Videos & Occasional Illustrations: Chris Murray
- Educational liaison: TBC
Bookkeeping: Georgie Bass
Illustrators Australia was founded by illustrator Faye Plamka in 1989. It began as a creative collective offering support to members and a establishing a code of conduct for industry, and was received enthusiastically by the illustration community.
IA gratefully acknowledges the outstanding dedication and achievements of Faye and its other treasured honorary members David Baker, who editing our Source Books from 1989-2010, and Geoff Cook, who designed our iconic platypus logo.