Katherine Appleby is an illustrator, artist and designer inspired by nature and intrigued by the endless possibilities of human imagination. She works across mutliple artistic disciplines, including watercolour, acrylic and digital mediums, to create work that is whimsical and colourful in nature with a just a touch of quirkiness.
Katherine graduated with a Bachelor of Creative Arts with Distinction from the University of Southern Queensland. With an interest in design, she also completed a Certificate IV in Graphic Design. In 2014 she was awarded the Golden Key International Honour Society award for Visual and Performing Arts (Painting).
Katherine's work has been published in the Australian Artist’s Palette magazine (issue no. 137) and the books she has illustrated include:
- Little Sower Samuel (Robert Costa, Little Steps Publishing, 2016)
- Max the Mighty (Josey Hurley, Little Steps Publishing, 2017)
- Grandad's Glasses (Howard White, Little Steps Publishing, 2018)
- Where I Love to Be (Chelsea Davies, Empowering Resources, 2018) [In Progress]
- My Nana Nelly (Book 2, Sean Williams, Little Steps Publishing) [In Progress]
Katherine's work is best suited to children's books and editorial, and she is keen to licence her illustrations for homewares and other products.