I’m Jess Racklyeft, a Melbourne-based illustrator. I create hand drawn and digital illustrations for prints, cards, custom portraits for lovers and families, business designs and children’s books. With a love for the children’s picture book, my aim is to capture the playfulness and cheeky expressions of animal characters and critters. Some of my clients include Hallmark, Scholastic, Cengage, Windy Hollow, The Five Mile Press, Erstwilder and Nuovo.
I’m a member of Style File, SCBWI and Illustrators Australia’s.
Books coming in September 2017:
- If Baby Could Talk by Michael Wagner and published by Windy Hollow Books
- Merry Everything by Tania McCartney and published by Windy Hollow Books
Keep your eyes out for more books arriving in 2018.
Previous titles (2016):
- Smile Cry written by Tania McCartney and published by EK Books
- The Midnight Possum written by Sally Morgan and published by Omnibus/Scholastic
- Little Koala Lost written by Blaze Kwaymullina and published by Omnibus/Scholastic
Recent awards include:
- Smile Cry - long listed in the CBCA 2017 Awards and winner of the 2017 SCBWI Crystal Kite Awards for Australian/NZ.
- IA Book 14 Highly Commended Packagaing and Design
- Luerzer’s Archive “200 Best Illustrators of the World 13/14”
- Finalist in the Etsy Design Awards 2014
- Scholarship winner for Big Hearted Business Conference 2014
- Finalist in the Kids Book Review Illustration Competition 2014, 2015